Mockingjay

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Lost

I see nothing,
but i feel warmth.
I feel it leaving me.

My fingers become cold to the touch.
My hair billowing out behind me.
The breath of Jack Frost down my neck.

The echo of silence fills my ears.
Its snowing, i can sense it landing,
On what used to be the windows of the soul.

The blinds were sealed shut,
Once upon a weary time.
Ever since, eternal winter had come.

Where was this place?
That sunlight never touched.
The place where everything dies.

Memory...
I remember nothing but ice.
The sound of snow.

What was once a sky,
Covered in white.
Mountains then crumbled away.

Trees kneeled to the ground
Light vanished behind shadows.
A crushing pain that pinned me down.

Lands of snow,
Kingdoms of ice,
Be kind to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment