Mockingjay

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Murdered Trust

A disintegrated longing,
A sentence never uttered,
A single broken promise,
Yet plenty of hurtful words.

Take a fleeting look at my anger
I hope it burns your eyes out
Take a lingering look at these tears
Who's the one crying now?

You promised me the world,
But clipped my wings behind my back,
Serenaded me with sweet sweet words,
Then made my sanity crack.

Barely standing before you
Completely utterly lost
Like a broken baby bird
In the raging storm tossed.

All i had was my faith in you,
But it was mercilessly slaughtered and killed,
Abandoned and left to drown in tears,
Have you finally had your fill?

The demons come calling
They seek to torment
You've severed my faith
It's too late to repent.

As time turns to dust,
And dreams turn into nothing,
Watch as shadows embrace me,
Mocking as they cut the puppet's strings.

Why didn't you kill me?
My heart longs to devour thee
Why leave me as a monster?
A reflection of what's left of me.

Erase me from this world,
Haven't I suffered enough?
With bloody lips i say goodbye,
To what i thought was once love.

No comments:

Post a Comment