Mockingjay

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

'I disown you, Daddy.'

I saw you hitting mommy,
Strangling her against the wall,
You never thought that i'd remember,
Since i was only the height of a doll.

A few years later,
When a few inches came in,
Its like you were never home,
Now mommy had to take out the bin.

Almost a meter high,
And some strange men were at our door,
Demanding money from you,
At the time, i didn't know what for.

My friends' dads knew you well,
A drunk, gambler and a cheat,
Well known in a little town,
Embarrassed, i just stared at my little feet.

A whole decade then past,
After me and mommy left you,
You never ever changed,
Yet you still had names to blame.

New memories flooded in,
From before i was born,
How you took mommy's savings,
And spent it on whores.

Of how you blamed her,
For our bad grades,
When you couldn't even remember,
Our school exam dates.

Now that i look back,
'I disown you, Daddy.'
Was the smartest thing i've ever said,
Until today, i have no regrets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment