Mockingjay

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

(FRAGILE) Handle with care

Bitten once,
twice shy,
Broken twice,
Yet i still didn't cry.

Be strong said a little voice,
Deep inside my head,
But it was also why,
My little heart bled.

I believed in every single word,
That passed those lovely lips,
Like camouflaged darts they flew,
And blew me to bits.

Lies, lies and yet more lies,
Everyday was the same,
I acted like i knew nothing,
Of your 'business meetings' and your old flame.

Now and again you would say,
That you didn't know what i wanted from you,
That i drived you insane.

But in all the years of history did a woman,
Ever have to say that all she wanted was love?
Did you think i came with instructions?
Or get a refund if i didn't 'fit like a glove'?

Maybe it would have been easier,
If i came in bubble wrap and cardboard ware,
With a huge stamp on the box,
That said FRAGILE, handle with care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment