Mockingjay

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Numb



Slice through my skin,
Tear out my memory,
Bleed out my sorrow,
And leave me to be.

So numb is my limbs,
That I don't feel the pain,
Just scars and more scars,
Don't you dare call me insane.

My hurt becomes blood,
And leaks like a river,
This was never for the faint hearted,
When they see my condition, their lips start to quiver.

You have eyes but do not see.
Of what was truly happening to me.

Ignorance is bliss,
I know that quote well,
You could have saved me,
But you chose to be blind, that i could tell.

It doesn't matter now,
I don't trust enough to believe,
Whatever you say, good or bad,
Eventually, you're going to leave.

You were someone close to me,
Once upon a time,
I'm only left to remember,
Our friendship in its prime.

Go play in the sun,
With its blinding white light,
And I'll be always here,
Out of mind and out of your sight.

Its not that I don't care,
Its not that I hate you,
Its just that I gave up on everything,
That much is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment