Mockingjay

Friday, June 15, 2012

Never Good Enough


Fighting for worth,
And failing each time,
So I guess I’m nothing now,
As I watch others in their prime.

Better versions I see,
Clones that walk and run in the sun,
All more skillful and better than me,
I’ll be replaced with a trigger of a gun.

I was never wanted,
That much I know,
Of how I was never good enough,
As I was constantly compared to.

Remind myself,
Of what I couldn’t be,
So I gave up and gave in,
I finally stopped believing in what I see.

I no longer cared,
For what I lacked,
Burn all my hope,
Then take it back.

I don’t care anymore,
So I don’t aim high,
But that doesn’t mean,
That I don’t try.

But expected as always,
It doesn’t measure up,
To what THEY can do,
I know when its time to give up.

I’m hard on myself,
Always picking like them,
If I can’t even love myself,
What about others then?

No comments:

Post a Comment