Mockingjay

Monday, June 11, 2012

Labyrinth Of Roses


The labyrinth I made,
The vows I swore,
To not believe in love,
Rot my heart to its core,

It winds around and around,
Never ending quite yet,
What have I done?
I calm myself and try not to fret.

I can’t get out,
I have no one to blame,
But myself you see,
The faults I claimed.

Those bushes have thorns,
As sharp as can be,
Like those words the other day,
Do you remember what you said to me?

They rip at my flesh,
They release all the pain,
The blood comes flowing,
And dissolve in the rain.

I let them get to me,
My wall was not strong,
So I made this fortress of roses,
I was so sure I wasn’t wrong.

Its fine to protect myself,
That’s what I thought,
Until I couldn’t get out,
No matter how I screamed and fought.

Trapped in my own world,
Where the sickly sweet smell overpowers me,
And thorns that grab and clutch,
They keep telling me not to leave.

But I’ve seen,
Those dead petals on the ground,
Those flowers aren’t forever,
Neither am I, but I am bound.

No one can find me,
Though some wander past,
I truly gave up,
The day after tomorrow will be the last.

Never again,
Am I to believe,
In anything  including happiness,
Or hope or to ever be free.

I’m just waiting,
For all of it to end,
To finally be at peace,
To never see this land again.

No comments:

Post a Comment