Mockingjay

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Goodbye Daddy

Why did you go away,
I thought you said that you would stay.

Why did you want to leave?
Didn't you say that you once loved me?

I doubt you meant what you said before,
Because i saw you walking out that door.

I know you weren't ever coming back,
Because the night before, i saw you pack.

That night big brother had held my hand,
And told me to go to my dreamland.

But once in bed, I heard mommy cry,
Then I counted the hours that were passing by.

I couldn't sleep and got up early,
Big brother was awake too because he was worried.

Thats when we saw you for the very last time,
Tip-toeing out the door, as if you were a thief in the night.

"Goodbye Daddy," I at last said,
"Don't come back. To me, you're dead."

He just stood there, unable to speak,
But he himself had severed our family link.

Then big brother nudged then shoved me away,
He kept smiling at me the entire day.

"THATS my little sister! Tough as nails!"
But after he said that, I cried buckets and pails...

No comments:

Post a Comment