Mockingjay

Friday, March 30, 2012

Story of my life...

Can you feel those crystal tears,
That fall through my transparent cheeks?
Of pain, sorrow and agony,
That piled up throughout the week.

Fallen treasures amidst the rain,
My body endured all it could,
Till it was numb and senseless,
If i could catch tears from the sky, i would.

For a moment one could see,
The jewels that hung in midair so magnificently,
The cold that swept and overpowered,
Came with each glittering touch.

Reminding me how dark my soul was,
And how pure those tears were,
Made me cringe in disgust,
As i remembered how i threw away everyone's trust.

Psycho-ing myself to truly believe,
That i was worth nothing to hide the pain,
But it took over and became part of me,
And then real me was eventually slain.

My own worst enemy,
The only one i can trust,
My own destruction,
My only heart, turned to dust.

In the beginning,
When it was laid to waste,
It lay cradled in bandages,
Then turned to ice then stone.

A fortress built so high,
That it shut out the light as far as the eye could see,
When darkness reigned over,
The forgotten stone turned colder than ice.

It was different now,
The stone cracked on its own,
A crack lead to a clean split,
Then crumbled away, all alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment