Mockingjay

Monday, February 27, 2012

All's fair in love and war

We committed the perfect crime,
I stole your heart, and you stole mine,
What you didn't know,
Was that my heart would be forever thine.

Play with my heartstrings,
Reduce them to ash,
It was my fault to begin with,
For being so rash.

I trusted you then,
Something i shouldn't have done,
Now i pay the price,
The pain of a million guns.

Fury and rage,
Locked inside a regretful heart,
Too much to bear,
Revengeful vendettas are about to start.

What happened to our wounded love,
Now locked in battle at each other's throats,
What happened to our vows that day,
At the bottom of the ruthless sea like sunken boats.

Forgotten and starved,
Still it remained,
Deep down inside,
We can both still feel its pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment