Mockingjay

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Just Dreams

Once upon an unfitful slumber,
I dreamed of things that were not to be,
Of fish that flew and ponds of clouds,
And of course, you and me.

I dreamed that I finally had strength,
To say what I've always wanted to say,
And not think about how stupid I would sound,
It was finally the day.

There was a smile on your beautiful face,
Joy that danced in your eyes,
You said nothing but held me close,
For you, I'd roll Love's dice.

Love was gentle,
Love was kind,
But who could say?
What love was truly like?

I ceased to breathe right then and there,
The happiest I've ever been,
I started to cry and right after that,
I realized it was just a dream.

My pillow was wet,
My face was sticky,
My soul probably knew,
That this wasn't a possibility.

Sorrow in my sleep,
Constant yearning during the day,
Unreachable fantasies in my dreams,
I just wanted all of them to go away.

I love you now,
I loved you then,
Even if I were to forget you,
I'm sure I'd fall for you all over again...


No comments:

Post a Comment