Mockingjay

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pressed Flowers

He will love me,
He will love me not,
It was so long ago,
That i almost forgot.

The days we spent,
By the great lake,
Making pinky promises,
We thought could never break.

Cooking together,
At our hated summer camp,
Sabotaging each others food,
But blaming it on the cat.

He loves me,
He loves me not,
You were cute back then,
Even when you had chicken pox.

Sneaking out at night,
To lie under the stars,
A long awaited confession,
Ruined by headlights from dad's car.

It was amazing,
It was a dream,
Until our relationship,
Kept sailing downstream.

He loved me,
He loved me not,
A horrible breakup,
But to who's fault?

I chose my career,
You chose to cheat,
With that twig with long legs,
A piece of firewood could never beat.

But we're both done,
And we've both been through a lot.
It was so long ago,
That I almost forgot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment