Mockingjay

Friday, April 20, 2012

Madness In The Land Behind The Mirror (part 2)

My first Verse-like story. Inspiration initially from Alice Madness Returns AND The Original Alice Books(I'm a teeny bit obsessed with Alice at the moment). Reference from some of my own creations such as *My Candyland*



THE SECOND SHARD
______________


"The mechanical creature,
Thats degrading as we speak,
Has been dead since the 52nd of last month,
The bones are only starting to become weak.

The king's most prized pet and weapon,
Was tampered with by the Blank Joker,
You could only imagine how,
He died less than proper."

"Off with his head I presume?"
"Mind you, The Queen Of Hearts holds no place in our talk,
Impaled through his bottom right through the mouth,
And never again did he get caught."

"Of course he couldn't!
He's already dead!"
"But that never stopped him, now did it?"
"Oh, you make no sense, you stupid cat!
Now run along and go chase a rat!"

"Don't attempt to re-summon me,
That would make you seem stupider than you really are,
But even YOUR level of madness is still in question,
Regardless, you're still the star.

Be wary of where you tread,
Though the Kimeron is gone and dead,
There're still more dangers that lie ahead,
Fun, isn't it? The world inside your head?"

"How rude, black cat!
Calling people mad!
I'm not I'm telling you!
Never will be, never had!"

He disappeared,
Out like a light,
But that didn't matter,
At least he was out of my sight.

I swear i had been talking for hours and hours,
Yet the sky still stayed scarlet red,
Had no time passed by at all?
If that was so, I'd never have to go to bed!

How strange it would be,
Never having to sleep at all,
Mother would never agree to it,
In fact, she'd be perfectly appalled!

Well THAT doesn't matter,
For she's not here with me,
But I wonder about the next time i see her,
I wonder when THAT will be?

Oh well, where shall I go to now?
Take a stroll to the Black Queen,
Or march to the Kings of Spade's castle?
I know, I'll choose neither!
Everything is such a hassle!

I'll just wonder around,
Till I find the exit,
I'd better start now,
If i am to find it.

Oh my, If only my dear sister could see,
How strange is seems,
The path is now made of rock candy!

Rock candy teeth?!
What sorcery is this?
Who could make such thing?
What a horrendous dish!

I looked behind me,
Its as I left it,
Barren and enamel,
Not sweet a single bit!

I squinted in front of me,
The path was going downhill,
To meet bubbling pools and lakes,
If I were to take a tumble, I'd be killed!

Each step so slow and timid,
Did I take while descending,
The more I walked the more chocolate I smelled,
Upon the path so winding.

I took in a deep breath,
No doubt, its chocolate for real,
I looked above me and had a shock,
You couldn't believe how it feels.

Candy cane clouds covered the skies,
The lightning colouring in more white,
Not far away in minty grass,
Did a pair of gummy bears did fight.

So savage they were,
Using jagged pieces of caramel to hurt each other,
With one leg off and another hand dangling,
It was hard to tell who was surviving.

"Where am I?" i asked myself,
What's happening here?
I shouldn't have been so stubborn earlier,
Is this something that I should fear?

There are more of them coming,
Snakes of red and green as well,
"Run, Alice, RUN! I heard a voice say,
Before they get you as well!"




No comments:

Post a Comment