Mockingjay

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dearly Beloved

My perspective is changing,
Greys turns to white,
Wilted roses become potpourri,
Dark skies admit patches of light.

Though not much,
Its the beginning,
Of something much more,
Even the birds are singing.

My guardian angel,
Wrapped his wings around me,
He washed away the surrounding pain,
To my locked heart, did he have the key.

In his embrace,
I shall stay,
Till the end of the world,
I dare say.

Vowing never to leave,
To keep me safe,
To love me always,
Till the end of my days.

I look up at those eyes,
Full of hope and light,
I can't help but feel the same,
And let my heart take flight.

A mere mortal,
Thats all i am,
But if there is anything he needs of me,
I'll do everything i can.

I'll protect that smile,
If its the last thing i do,
Since he'd done so much for me,
Its the least I could possibly do.

I've said it before,
And i'll say it again,
I'm ever grateful to God,
That sent me this man.

I've no idea about the future,
No clue at all,
But what i do know is,
He makes me feel ten feet tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment